We aim at implementing a foundational informatics architecture to catalyze research guided by the findable, accessible, interoperable, and reusable (FAIR) framework. The overall goal is to improve access to innovative, high quality computational and data resources and enhance partnerships with informatics experts. Implementation of these aims will expand the MSHS informatics ecosystem and data science educational endeavors as well as enhance collaboration with the national community to accelerate informatics innovation across the translational spectrum and improve health outcomes.
The Center provides the processes and infrastructure to facilitate the collection, storage and distribution of patient-centered data to researchers including EHR, cancer registry, biorepository, radiology, pathology, and billing data as well as linkages to sequencing data.
The key services include:
- Data Query Request Execution
- Informatics Consulting Services
- Informatics Protocol Development
- Informatics Training and Education
- Data Use Governance
- Patient-Centered Digital Health
- IT Support for Clinical Trials
- Electronic Consent
- Directing to optimal digital resources
- Identifying appropriate data sets
- Guiding use of self-service tools
- Advising on policies including data sharing, security and patient privacy
- Posting de-identified counts for the most common queries